The workshop on Development of CMO sustainability plan and CREL's Workplan Year 3
The workshop on Development of CMO sustainability plan and CREL's Workplan Year 3 was held on 3rd July at Hotel Sea palace, Cox's Bazar.
A total of 64 participants from FD(including 2 DFOs, 5 ACFs, 8 Range Officers) and 7 CMCs (Teknaf, Whykong, Shilkhali, Inani, Himchari, Medhakachhapia, Fashiakhali), 3 VCGs of Sonadia attended the workshop. The DCOP, Managers & RC acted as facilitator. The workshops goal, objectives, process of development of CMO sustainability plan, outline of workplan was discussed and described elaborately by CREL through power point presentation.
All CMCs took part in group works to finalize the draft CMO Sustainability plan where ACFs were given their suggestion. After presentation by all CMCs the participants took part on open discussion session effectively and gave their valuable feedback.
In the session 2, DCOP, Managers and RC presented component wise plan for Y3. Note was taken on participant's valuable suggestion to incorporate it in CMO sustainability plan and Year 3 work plan.
The major recommendations were:
- Development of more eco-tourism facilities in PAs so that local people can get profit
- The need for setting up effective patrolling to ban forest fire, illicit felling of trees
- The need for conducting more awareness meetings with local people
- Conduct consultation meeting & workshop with DC, SP, Judge, Political leaders, Youths
- The need for creating finds for CMOs
- The need for alternative income generation for identified resources dependent people